Category: Spiritual Parenting
Parent Teen Connection
Wisdom for Younger Self
With my 40th high school reunion looming ahead, (40?! Really?! How did that happen?!), another layer of my teenage angst is resurfacing for processing. (Really? Again? I thought I dealt with you already!)
A 40th reunion sounded old when I was 18. But, I don’t feel as old as a 40th reunion sounded then. I am experiencing PMZ— Post Menopausal Zest. I’m just getting started! We baby boomer women are the healthiest, wealthiest women the world has ever known. So let’s Rock It! Who’s in?!
To honor my 40th high school reunion, I am writing a letter to my 18-year-old self with some wisdom I have gleaned over the years. Maybe this resonates with your inner teenager. Maybe you have some wisdom to add.
Dear Teenage Self,
You turned out OK. There’s still the money, relationship, and health stuff to deal with, but that’s the stuff of life. You have the skills you need to manage life. You are wiser than you know and not as wise as you think.
In case you’re feeling a little anxious about whether you really do have the necessary skills to manage your life, please let me share a few insights that I have learned so far on this journey called life.
- Pay attention to your wise inner voice. Call it whatever you like — Intuition, Soul’s wisdom, God tapping you on the shoulder. The still, quiet voice under the yapping voice of ego-mind will guide you when life gets stormy.
- Balance the feminine and masculine energy within yourself first before trying to find that balance through a romantic relationship. Find a balance of receiving and giving, listening and expressing, resting and taking action. Sometimes it’s fun to get a little off-balance, but don’t create drama. Just get back in balance.
- You are good enough. You always have been good enough. You always will be good enough. The ego on the outside makes mistakes and misses the mark. That’s OK. You fell down learning to walk and you will fall down learning to navigate life. Just pick yourself up, forgive yourself and others, then, move on.
- Always remember, at the core of your being you are innately, infinitely good and worthy of love. Divinity — call it God, Spirit, Divine Spark — is inherent in every cell of your body. You are composed of atoms infused with divine substance. Your body is a holy temple of spirit.
- You are a wave in the ocean of God. Don’t confuse the wave with the entire ocean.
- Embrace your uniqueness. It’s OK to be different. Everyone in your class is unique and has their own gifts and talents. Explore and master your unique gifts and talents. You are here to share them with the world.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol or smoke weed. It makes you look and act stupid.
- Life is not all about you. Bless somebody’s life today.
- Life is a paradox. It IS all about you. Set your inner compass to your North Star. What do you want to create? What kind of world do you want to live in? What are you contributing to the world? If you get off track from your North Star, self correct and get back on track with your divine purpose — the reason you came to this life.
That’s it. That’s enough to get started.
Tap into your inner wisdom. You are wiser than you know.
Oh, and, call your parents. They love you and miss you. You never know when you’ll have to borrow a car.
Your Older, Wiser Self
Integrating New Vibrations
Have you received a gift or had an experience that took you a long while to integrate? The box sits unopened. The gift card goes unspent. Feeding the new baby seems monumental.
It took me a while to integrate the energy of this painting. I kept turning the painting until it seemed right. It blew me away that the artist, Linda Rasche, matched my colors exactly without knowing what they were or that I had favorite colors. She followed her intuition.
Have you ever been spot on like that? Without knowing how you arrived at being spot on?
Sometimes integrating the energy of children is like that. Their high vibration can feel overwhelming at times. The children coming to the planet now bring a higher vibration than in the past. How do we older, experienced beings integrate the wisdom, and sometimes raucous energy, of children so that we don’t squelch their wisdom but embrace their contributions?
How do you interact with the kids’ vibrations so your response is spot on?
Good question. One we will be working on in my online workshop Spiritual Pilates: On the Road to Self Mastery. Because, of course, creating an environment where children thrive starts by creating an environment where their parents thrive.
Check with your intuitive wisdom and see if this resonates with you And if the Spiritual Pilates workshop is a good fit for you.
In Spiritual Pilates, you learn skills to:
- Strengthen your inner spiritual core muscles so you can navigate the ups and downs of life And respond from your higher self;
- Sustain your higher vibration of peace and calm when the overtired and hungry kid starts screaming for a cookie;
- Discern what questions to ask when the kid comes home crying from school;
- Take your mommy wisdom or grandma wisdom to the next level and trust your intuition telling you to change schools so the kid gets the education appropriate to her needs.
As you integrate your higher level of intuitive wisdom, you create an environment where you, the children and your whole family can thrive.
The next 4-week session of Spiritual Pilates starts Wednesday, September 5.
Check in with your mommy or grandma wisdom and see if it feels like the next right step for you.
Contact me for the details. 651-472-3995
Be well, Leah